Thursday, December 2, 2010

ever transformable room

speaking from experience, sometimes it seems impossible to fit more than a bed and a few furniture pieces into a confined space without making it look too cluttered and even smaller than it actually is. imagine living in hong kong where a few hundred square feet apartment is the norm and yet extremely expensive. no one has maximized on the circumstance more than the self proclaimed "domestic transformer". with a mere 344 square feet, gary chang managed to achieve a whopping 24 different rooms - all by just sliding panels and walls. this architect takes utilizing every inch to the next level. hammock included.

">

4 comments:

  1. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor - that was just awesome, loved it. Can't wait to show my close friend who is an architect. I can't even organize my junk drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this somewhere but there was never a video to really show off the amazing-ness. My goodness - this alone makes me want to be an architect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we used to live in Hong Kong in a tiny apartment, bought back lots of memories thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I read about this somewhere and really wish I could afford this man's services! Though it's true I have two apts (one in Boston and one in NYC), when I am in NYC I live out of a studio. I spent a lot of effort (and expense as it turned out) trying to make it uncluttered. Almost everything is dual-purpose, and some things serve three purposes. But this takes it to the next level! xo bb

    ReplyDelete